Pages

31 March 2009

I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. Patanjali.....




OK, that was NOT the latest cattle call for yoga teachers, but with studios cranking out newbie yoga teachers faster than you can say Utthitahastapādāṅguṣṭhāsana it could be.

This is for all you unemployed New York City yoga teachers. Seen at YogaDork's place via Yogoer:

"The audition will be held Tuesday 3/31 2pm at the Equinox @19th St and Broadway. Please show up between 1:30-2:00pm and sign in at the front desk where you will be asked to show ID. The audition will be held on the 2nd floor Main Studio. Our auditions are held in a round robin format and will be moderated by Sarra Morton, one of our GFM’s. Your audition will last only 2-3 minutes depending on the turnout. We will try to get you all out by 4pm. Mats are provided unless you prefer to bring your own.

We are looking for those instructors who have at least 3 early mornings available (6:30-8am) to pick up regular classes AND BOTH Saturday and Sunday (9-6pm) available. Please do not attend this audition if you are not available for both these times. We have no daytime or evening weekday available classes.

Our auditions are a lot of fun, so no need to be nervous, just come with a smile.

No need to RSVP and please hold all questions till the audition."

Note that the operative word is AUDITION.

I wonder if they'd like my tap-dancing.

Stripper poles, anyone?

(Seriously -- I've heard about a "yoga" studio that has a stripper pole.)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this for real? My goodness me, things have sunk to a new low.

Anonymous said...

Eeerrrrrwwwww.... 2-3 minutes to 'audition' your best stuff? Fun?

Sounds like auditions for "Who wants to be part of a forced/slave labour camp?"

Sad that some people think this is yoga. Sadder still, I wonder how many 'teachers' will turn out for the 'audition'?

Linda-Sama said...

Yes, Nadine, it's for real.

Welcome to Yoga in America.

OM

yogadork said...

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see your tap dancing! that may have been what some of the auditioners had to do for a job. thanks for the link love... and the funny and thoughtful commentary as always.

Brenda P. said...

I timed myself last night and barely got my class into Tadasana before my "audition" was over. I wonder if that would have earned me a call-back from the Equinox judges...