Pages

14 May 2009

shadow self




I found this wonderful photo at one of Sindhu's blogs and thought it was a brilliant interpretation of the shadow self. It is entitled Devi and was originally uploaded by Mandar Sengupta.

The photo is also a beautiful reminder of where I'll be next year: I'm flying from Chennai to Kolkata (Calcutta) where worshiping the Divine Mother is supreme. I plan on spending lots of time at Sri Ramakrishna's home, the Dakshineswar Kali Temple.

My gut is telling me that I will love Kolkata as I do Chennai.

OM KALI MA!



3 comments:

Life As I Know It Now said...

You are lucky enough to follow your heart's desire and that's a good thing.

Peace!

emilia said...

You'll love Kolkata! Its dirty, full of people, poverty like you've never dreamed of, and importantly full of people who seem to be blessed with what ever they have. Adore the street dogs, smile at the inquisitive faces and eat at Peter Cats, or the "Hole in the Wall". One of the most incredible travel experiences of my life. Enjoy.

Linda-Sama said...

"Its dirty, full of people, poverty like you've never dreamed of, and importantly full of people who seem to be blessed with what ever they have..."

that sums up all of India I've seen so far....