Pages

16 October 2009

Friday's yoga thought

"Daily Yoga practice may include Asanas, Pranayama and Meditation in proper proportion, so that the yoga diet is balanced." -- Srivatsa Ramaswami


In this recent discussion of what yoga should have in order to be called yoga, who can argue against having a balanced diet?


Resources for mindfulness meditation practice: "Mindfulness meditation: The Shambhala Sun offers a diverse selection of teachings on mindfulness meditation, from the Theravada and Insight traditions of Buddhism."


And here's an oldie but a goodie: Killing Yoga's Sacred Cows


Finally....

HAPPY DIWALI TO EVERYONE!






6 comments:

Bob Weisenberg said...

Hi, Linda.

I like the "oldie but goodie" concept. This is really good for those of us who are relatively new to your wonderful blog. I hope you will continue to link and/or reissue your favorite writing from the past.

Bob Weisenberg
YogaDemystified.com

Linda-Sama said...

thanks, bob. did you read my link? if so, what are your thoughts?

流浪汉 瑜伽 Yoga Tramp said...

u r right, great info, n happy deepavali to all

yoga for beginners said...

I just came across your blog searching about yoga and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I say your site is nice! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

Nan Sheppard said...

Shubh Divali! I am away from my Hindu friends this year, and missing it so.

Om, Shanti, Shanti, Shanti...

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed a beautiful Diwali! We had a small celebration at my yoga school and it was so nice to chant with others instead of just by myself. :)