Pages

31 December 2009

donation update and until we meet again


I mailed a check today to the Seva Foundation in the amount of $200 asking it to be used specifically for the Kilimanjaro Center for Community Ophthalmology. You can read about the eye clinic here.

A big hug and thanks to:

Shelley

Bob

and Svasti

for their donations!

If anyone else wants to donate, please DO NOT send the money to my Paypal account, send it diretly to Seva as per the instructions in my link.


My wish for the Universe for 2010 are the Four Immeasurables, compassion, loving-kindness, sympathetic joy, and equanimity:

MAY ALL BEINGS HAVE HAPPINESS AND THE CAUSES OF HAPPINESS

MAY ALL BEINGS BE FREE FROM SUFFERING AND THE CAUSES OF SUFFERING

MAY ALL BEINGS NEVER BE PARTED FROM FREEDOM'S TRUE JOY

MAY ALL BEINGS DWELL IN EQUANIMITY, FREE FROM ATTACHMENT AND AVERSION.




This is my last blog post of 2009. I leave for India and Africa next week for the yoga adventure of a lifetime. I've written about it and you've read about it...now it's time for me to run into Ma India's arms and return to my soul's home....(the quote is a link to another post)


"I was alone, finally, with no one to protect me. I wanted to sing for happiness -- a rare, raw, immediate sort of happiness that was directly related to my physical situation, to my surroundings, to independence, and to solitude. The happiness I felt that morning had nothing to do with the future or the past, with abstractions or with my relationships to other people. It was the happiness of entering into something new, of taking the moments simply for what they were, of motion, of freedom, and of free will. I loved not knowing what would happen next, loved that no one here knew me. I felt coordinated and strong, and the world seemed huge and vibrant. It was a relief to be alone...

My happiness was a feeling of physical lightness, of weightlessness, like drifting on air..."



Mother India, I'm coming home.






5 comments:

Dhana Musil said...

I will travel with you vicariously, unless you are still there in a years time, when I will be in Pune and Kerala, if life unfolds as planned.
Run wild and rest peacefully.
Dhana

Bob Weisenberg said...

Have a profoundly wonderful time. I know we will hear all about it at some appropriate time in the future, and I look forward to that.

Bob Weisenberg
YogaDemystified.com

Jan Holt said...

Looking so forward to hearing from you about your adventures and unfoldings in India.

Wishing you peace and joy,

Jan

Anonymous said...

Yay! That's a GREAT result! Blessings on your travels: may they all run smoothly. Blessings for your learning and teaching - may profundity and compassion be your constant companions.

babs said...

Have a wonderful trip! It sounds so amazing. Happy New Year!