Pages

03 August 2007

free your mind for change

Change is good.

Every few years or so I get into a frenzy about changing things inside my house -- new furniture or changing the old furniture around, painting a light colored room something dark and rich. Of course, "change" is much more involved than just changing your furniture. Personal change, personal transformation, is much more important.

I found this while surfing around and fell in love with these words:

"Join forces with the dynamic flow of life. The African-American theologian Howard Thurman said: "Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.'"


mmmmmm....that really resonates with me...."what the world needs are people who have come alive."

But to initiate change, you must free your mind, you must be open to change, whether it's a bold new color for your bathroom or a bold new color for your soul. Maybe you've longed for years to take that initial step outside the life you've been living; maybe you're tired of living someone else's life and not your own. Maybe you know deep in your spirit that it's finally time to speak your truth, to finally open that throat chakra. What are you waiting for?

I've written before that I get my own personal messages from The Universe (insert wink-wink emoticon here.) Some are fun, some make me go hmmmmmmm..... One from this week reads:

"Live your dreams now to any degree that you can. With every purchase. Every decision. Every hello and goodbye. Every assignment. Every conversation. Every meal. Every morning, afternoon, and evening. And never, ever, ever look back.

Reframe every thought, word, and deed from the perspective of the person you've always dreamed you'd be, as if your life was already as you've always dreamed it would be. Die to yesterday's illusions and be reborn to the truth of your vision...."


As En Vogue sang, "free your mind and the rest will follow, be color blind, don't be so shallow..." They were singing about race and prejudice, but the "free your mind" mantra applies to life in general.

But I'll let the original Funky Divas kickstart your change...give a listen and give it up...open your heart and free your mind...

Kick it, ladies...


2 comments:

Gypsy Girl said...

Thanks for the great post. AND for the tip on The Universe. Awesome...and just when I need some inspiration

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I love this post. How do you do this with three small kids?? I'd love to come alive, but right now I'm too darn tired! LOL!