Pages

05 May 2009

my brother from a different mother

While I was at my final retreat for the Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Training at Spirit Rock in California, YogaDawg sent me this video saying "this one's for you, couldn't help but think about ya...."

Thanks, Y Dawg, I LOVED IT!



I also received another blog award from Grace over at Graceful Yoga, a lovely and gentle yoga blog -- she lists her favorite yoga blogs so check them out. Thanks for the blog love, Grace!



As for my final retreat, I will write about it soon. I will say that the retreat and the entire training was amazing. It truly was a groundbreaking training in the western yoga world. It was a never before offered training that combined Buddhism and yoga, the twins separated at birth, so to speak. If you think Buddhism can be separated from hatha yoga, think again.

There were 88 retreatants from around the world, but my "dharma buddy" and I were the only two yoga teachers from Illinois (there were only four teachers from Midwest America.) Out of all the yoga studios in Chicagoland, both of us came from the same studio in Chicago. We think that says a lot.

Enjoy the video and dance to the music -- I will give you a little preview about my Spirit Rock retreat post....we ended the retreat (after a solemn graduation ceremony) with a yoga rave dance....Shiva Rea doesn't have anything on the Spirit Rockers, believe me.



2 comments:

Grace said...

Finally, a yoga video on YouTube worth watching . . . still laughing.

(oh, and can't wait to hear about the retreat.)

Kevin Knox said...

Love it Linda! Blue Kali cutting through all yoga pretense - no wonder Dawg thought of you!

Shared it with my yoga teacher friend who said: "seriously twisted....and I mean that in the best possible way!"

Thanks for sharing and look forward to your comments on the retreat.

Kevin