Pages

25 November 2009

a Buddhist thanksgiving




Even if you are not a vegetarian or a vegan, please remember to practice compassion and mindfulness in how and what you eat.

I know that His Holiness the Dalai Lama eats meat, but the longer I'm on the yoga/Buddhist path, the closer I get to becoming a total vegan. I still eat fish. Occasionally.

Please dedicate the merit of your Thanksgiving meal tomorrow to all sentient beings, especially those who suffer in cages and factory farms.

OM MANI PEDME HUM...may all beings be free from suffering

On this Thanksgiving I am thankful and grateful for everything in my life, even terrible things in the past -- because everything is a teaching and I am a survivor. I am also grateful and thankful for my upcoming adventures in India and Africa, whatever they may bring.






3 comments:

Bob Weisenberg said...

Linda,

I love that last paragraph of Thanksgiving--very unusual and inspiring.

Bob Weisenberg
YogaDemystified.com

Kristin said...

Happy Gratitude Day, Linda!

Thank you for your wonderful posts. They have been interesting, thought provoking and delightful to read.

May your upcoming travels be safe and inspriational!

Rui Umezawa said...

The Dalai Lama eats meat???

I did not know that.