Pages

14 October 2008

words of note


Sent to me by a faithful reader....

"The reason we do this practice is to develop a heart that is ready for anything."
- Sayadaw U. Pandia


"You are not your fault"
- Wes Nisker


and a yoga poem....

Breath of Life

I breathe in All That Is—
Awareness expanding
to take everything in,
as if my heart beats
the world into being.

From the unnamed
vastness beneath the
mind, I breathe my
way to wholeness
and healing.

Inhalation. Exhalation.
Each breath a "yes,"
and a letting go,
a journey, and a
coming home.

(Poet: Danna Faulds)


more later on the most potent, profound, and transformational yoga training I've done in all my years of yoga...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely poetry that resonates!

May I offer one of mine?

2a.m. mediations:
Musing for answers in stasis
Sitting whilst others sleep
Before me the mandala
Wisdom beings all
Light sparkling love
Sprinkle of dakinis
Singing, being
Breathe in
Mandala is my heart
Breathe out
At mandala’s centre
Interchanging like wind and space
Where do I start and end?
Not the borders of this flesh
Point of origin not found
It just always was
No answers or ideas
Except breathe and feel it
Sending love
Being love
Mandala is me
Molten heart-lava spilling over

From: http://svasti.wordpress.com/2008/09/23/2am-meditations/

Linda-Sama said...

thank you for reading and sharing your beautiful words!

the poem about India at the bottom of my sidebar is what I woke up with in my head a few days before my last trip....

shanti